Friday, March 9, 2012

What's a good title for this story?

It's about a girl who has amnesia. She wakes up in a field with head trauma and has no memory of her life before that point. She also just happens to be one of the most famous teen celebrities in the world.What's a good title for this story?
I tried to revise your story again but it wouldn't let me post the answer, so I'll just put it here.





Let me say first of all I admire your willingness to accept criticism. That being said, let me offer you some more. :)



"It hurt just to look around." This implies that the character has been moving around, but she hasn't, at least in the description you provided. I suggest eliminating this part or strongly altering it.



"Judging by the tall, amber grass that surrounded by body, I concluded that I was in sort type of field." Read this sentence slowly. There are several errors.



"I gazed up at sky for a moment" -- the sky



"I was shocked by captivating tangerine sunset above me." Another "the" missing



"My head pounded mercilessly, it felt as if someone was hitting me over the head with a hammer over and over again." Run on sentence.



"The last thing I remember doing was鈥as...I racked my brain for any sort of past-experience." The word "Was" should not be capitalized.



"I鈥檓 so tired." Is this dialogue? If so, put it in quotes. If not, omit it entirely.



"How long have I been out here?" Same as above.



"On my feet was a pair of luxurious-looking black high heels." Why are they luxurious-looking as opposed to just plain luxurious? Either explain this or just call them "luxurious."



"They had to be at least 2 sizes small on me, why would I buy them in the first place" Run on sentence.



"I liberated my feet and kicked them off." I think you mean "by kicking them off."



"This could be like one of those . . . but I can鈥檛 quite recall any." Watch your tense here. You switch to present here when you should stay in past.



"I could almost feel the memories just beyond my reach, on the tip of my tongue." There seems to be a common theme in your writing where express yourself well but then add on an unnecessary description. The unnecessary part here is "on the tip of my tongue." It serve no purpose here, as you basically already described the sensation in the first part of the sentence. Go for good description like in the beginning of the sentence and reject cliches such as "on the tip of my tongue." Basically, eliminate what is unnecessary.



"It was a long and wavy" You need to say "It was a long and wavy one." or "It was long and wavy."



"It was a long and wavy, it twirled all the way down to my stomach." Run on sentence.



"Suddenly, I became painstakingly aware of it all over my body. It had dripped down the sides of my face and was now dried on my shoulders." These two sentence contradict each other. Where was the blood?



"In, out, in out." If you insist on keeping this, put a comma after the second "in."



"Would my time come in a place I鈥檝e never seen before?" The word "I've" should be "I'd."



"Would I bite the dust in clothes I don鈥檛 remember buying and hair I鈥檝e never once brushed" Same as above. The verbs tense is off.



"Would my life come to a sharp and unexplainable end feeling frantic, trembling, and in excruciating pain?" This sentence is awkward. You have a "misplaced modifier," meaning that the protagonist is being described as "feeling frantic . . ." but it sounds as if "my life" is "feeling frantic . . ."



"This time, I didn鈥檛 hold back." When you say "This time" it makes it sound like present tense. Say "Then" or something similar.



"Hopefully, if I wake up, things will make sense." Another shift to present tense. Needs to be past.



One more thing. You don't really use many paragraphs. Try making a new paragraph each time you move on to a new ideas. Remember to indent them a few spaces as well. All new dialogue starts a new paragraph.



Keep on writing! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment