Friday, March 9, 2012

Amnesia...help?

Okay about 6 1/2 years ago I was in an accident with my horse. Well I don't remember anything before waking up in the hospital, not my name, family, anything. Well my family is around cuz they were there when the accident happened, so I'm not just wondering around without family. But my doctor said my memory might come back in time, But it hasn't and I feel like I'm living someone elses life. My family is always telling me stories, showing me pics, or video's of this girl I apparently was. But it freaks me out that I don't remember my own life. I'm 17 now. But one good thing is I didn't forget stuff I had learned prior to the accident. Like I know I'm a good swimmer, I speak some french. (which I found out by accident)So I guess I should be thankful for that but...yea idk what to do.Amnesia...help?
The more you worry about it, the harder it will be on you.



Try to learn self-hypnosis. I did this. I went to a psychologist I trusted, and had her hypnotize me, then teach me how to do this myself. I felt that would be a bit faster than simply using the books, which are available.



If you learn self-hypnosis, you can give yourself a post-hypnotic suggestion to have your memories return. It might take a while, but I suspect it might do TWO things for you:

- help you relax

- speed up the process of your memory returning



Good luck, and I'm SO happy that you have had your family around and are not out there lost without their support. That's a blessing that you should be very thankful for. And they are working on helping you as best they can.



Also, give yourself a mind set that, even if you never have your memories return, you DO have a loving family who care for you.
hakuna matataAmnesia...help?
Sorry to hear that. Just keep seing the doctors, look at photos, and talk to as many family members as possible. Revisit some of the places they told you that you went as a child. Hope it comes back soon. Don't rush it God makes a way out of no way.
It sounds like your doing all the right stuff to try to bring back your memory. Have you tried to see a hypnotist? They may be able to help you recall.Amnesia...help?
baby, i have to get ready for doc appt. 8:30 i'll be back i love you, i love you
I actually had amnesia. Just take things, think about them, and other thinks that are related will come back to you!
sorry what was the question
I kind of agree with people to not worry about it. Accept it. If I could forget the early parts of my childhood, I would pay any amount of $ to do so. However, I've also heard hypnosis can help with those things, or maybe you will dream some memories. They are in there somewhere!
Forget the past it's the future you need tp worry about
Dont worry about it... just forget about it

No comments:

Post a Comment